This Turkey and Cranberry Melt is a tasty sandwich to help use up those Thanksgiving Day leftovers!
Turkey and Cranberry Melt
Prep: 3 minutes
Cook: 6 minutes
Serves: 1 sandwich
2 slices Texas Toast
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup turkey, chopped
4 slices provolone cheese
2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
1/4 cup watercress
• Preheat a pan to medium heat.
• Butter one side of both slices of bread.
• Flip to the side that is not buttered. Add 2 slices of provolone, spread cranberry sauce on cheese, add the turkey, then the watercress and the 2 remaining slices of cheese.
• Top with bread and place the sandwich on the pan, butter side down.
• Brown for 3 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side.
• Serve and enjoy!
(If the cheese doesn’t melt right away, turn the heat to low and cover the pan with aluminum foil or a lid for an additional 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.)
For more leftover recipes, visit www.amateurkitchen.tv/Leftovers.html.
• Jen and Maria Loiseau star in their own how-to cooking videos on their website, www.amateurkitchen.tv. With more than 200 recipes and more than 90 how-to cooking videos,they have created a one-stop site for all meal and entertaining needs. Twice a month, they'll share some of their recipes with Kane County Magazine.